We are all about making everything that little bit easier for you, so let’s start by sharing our top three tips.
- READ UP ON FLOOR SANDING REVIEWS FOR BRISBANE AND YOUR LOCAL AREA
A frequently heard complaint about wood floor polishing The Gap is that tradies can’t be trusted to start the job when they promised to, or that the quality of the work completed is unsatisfactory. ‘Back in the day’, if you wanted to be confident you were in good hands you would ask around in the community for recommendations. The value of a good recommendation cannot be understated. The best way you can start your project is to first get online and read a company’s reviews and Google + rating. A well rated company that has customers who are willing to vouch for them is a very reassuring indicator.
- PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO YOUR QUOTE
A well detailed quote that comprehensively explains what you are being offered is crucially important. It is an early way of being able to identify the respectable companies.
Lack of detail in the quote can be a deliberate ploy to avoid commitment and potentially incur you extra fees down the track. For example, if the quote doesn’t actually specify how many finishing coats are being agreed to, then you may end up with a floor that has been inadequately finished.
- GET A FEW COMPARISON QUOTES
We always advise acquiring at least two or three quotes, especially if it is quite a large job that you are commissioning. No doubt you’re familiar with the praise, you “always get what you paid for”. We have seen this to be very true in our trade. If a quote comes in noticeably below industry standard you would do well to dig into the details.
We fully appreciate that keeping to a budget is an important consideration when undertaking floor polishing The Gap, but trying to save costs by accepting poor workmanship will only cost you more in the long run, with a great deal of added inconvenience. A professional company that prides themselves on quality workmanship with quote to cover the following costs that are required to produce great floors every time:
- They only employ qualified tradesmen who have proven themselves and acquired years of experience. We believe that our customers want to be confident the workman actually completing their floors has the know-how to do a great job, and we are only prepared to engage great employees.
- They do not compromise when it comes to quality. This means no cost-cutting by providing shoddy workmanship. Floors should be sanded the full number of times with enough coats applied to make sure the timber holds up well over time. A reputable company gets it done right the first time.
- They know that working with timber in all its natural beauty can be unpredictable. This means that a quality company for wood floor sanding The Gap anticipates there being extra care at various stages, to produce a flawless product despite working with an unpredictable material. A professional company factors this in and allows room in their schedule to ensure the job is perfect, no matter what.
Hopefully these tips and suggestions have been of some use to you. If you have any other questions regarding timber floor polishing The Gap don’t hesitate to get in touch. We are more than happy to provide you with information and advice to make the experience as stress-free as possible. If you choose A Custom Floors for your choice of floor sanding The Gap, rest assured your floors are in the right hands.