So, to make the whole process a little easier for you, let us impart some useful insiders’ advice. Here’s a 3-step checklist:
1. RESEARCH BRISBANE’S FLOOR SANDING GOOGLE REVIEWS
A very common complaint about wood floor polishing Bardon is that tradesman don’t start their jobs on time, or even worse, their work does not live up to quality expectations.
In times past, before the world went digital, word of mouth referrals were a tried and tested way of selecting a company. That approach is still available, in fact, now it’s even easier. The crucial step when selecting which floor sanding company to go with, is getting a trustworthy referral. When checking up on a company it is imperative that you check their Google+ rating. When a company has an online presence, and encourages their past clients to leave feedback it can give you confidence that you are dealing with a trustworthy service provider.
2. PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR QUOTE
Comprehensive quotes are a key part of ensuring the agreement will go smoothly. There are certain clues on a quote that should warn you that you are dealing with an unprofessional. These include the ABN being absent and the work description being vague or incomplete. Not providing details in the quote description may be a strategy for unethical tradesman who plan to claim additional costs before they will complete the job. Not a position you want to find yourself in. For example, how many sanding repetitions and what number of floor coatings will be provided? These are the specifics that you should have confirmed before going ahead because a floor sander may cut corners in these stages, which will result in a lower quality finish.
3. GET MULTIPLE QUOTES
It’s always advisable to consider more than one quote if you are planning a significant renovation. Our years in this industry have taught us the truth of, “you will get what you paid for”. If a company is eager to slash their price to win your job it is likely for one of these two reasons. Firstly, there is poor customer demand for their company, which doesn’t speak well for their service and quality. And secondly, floor polishing Bardon companies who undercut industry standard are almost certainly cutting corners. These cut corners will include not sanding the floors the full number of times that the process should require, or not coating the floor with as many coats as it needs. The issues may not be immediately visible, but the poor quality will be evident in time. A poorly sanded floor will have scuffs and scratch marks and may even feel rough to touch when you walk over it. An inadequately coated floor will not have durability and will be more susceptible to warping due to moisture issues over time.
We understand that finances are a key factor when deciding on any household renovations but it is often the case that what you save initially, will cost you more in time.
On the other end of the spectrum, a company that charges appropriately for a good quality product does so because of these reasons:
• The employees doing the work are qualified and have experience which means they receive a higher rate than a company who employs inexperienced and unqualified tradesmen. This is important because who the company allows to actually work on your floors will define what quality of floor you end up with.
• No corners are cut during the sanding and polishing phases, which is the only way to create an impeccable finish on every job. A reputable company will never compromise on properly following full procedure. Requiring a customer to move out of their house a second time so that a faulty job can be revisited is not an inconvenience we would impose on our clients. We do it right the first time, every time.
• The last factor that we allow for, when it comes to Wood floor sanding Bardon, is that we understand we are working with a natural material. Natural materials are beautiful because they are unique and not generic. This means that occasionally, for a variety of reasons, a particular timber may require more work than anticipated. A professional company knows this and allows for it in their quote, which means they will always complete the work to the highest standard, even if it’s your floor that requires extra time and attention. The company who offers basement prices, will not stick around to deal with any one-off issues.
Hopefully these pointers come in handy when you are choosing your timber floor polishing Bardon. We are the go-to experts when it comes to all things timber floor related. If you have any questions or need further advice, get in touch today. A Custom Floors are your best choice for Floor Sanding Bardon, why look anywhere else?